250 grams unsalted butter
280 grams dark brown sugar
250 grams molasses
1. Mix butter and sugar in mixer on high speed for at least 5 mins.
2. Add 2 eggs once sugar and butter have come together, combined with 250 grams of molasses. Mix well in mix master until it is beaten smooth.
750 grams of plain four
3 teaspoons of mixed spice
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
½ teaspoon of fine salt
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together (sifted) and then fold into the butter mix.
2. Wrap up the dough in glad wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight if you can).
3. Once dough has been chilled cut dough into 250 gram pieces and roll to about 5mm thick and cut to your template.
4. Once templates are cut, place in freezer for 30 minutes until template molds are very firm.
6. Place templates in oven on 190 degrees for 12-15 minutes (I kept them in the oven for about 18 minutes, but leave in until they are golden).
Once your templates are cool start building!
A great gingerbread house recipe this is. Not too gingery (if that is even a word) and obviously you can add more ginger to it if you feel you need to. And of course, you can add whatever lollies on the outside to how you see fit!
Recipe credit: Fast Ed, Better Homes and Gardens