When it comes to tasty snacks to whip up in minutes, I am your gal. None of this waiting 2 hrs to set or 30 minutes to prepare and 1hr to bake nonsense. I can assure you this will take you all of 15mins. No lie.
My granola bar recipe is easy, simple and oh, so tasty.
2 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1 3/4 cup of oats (Uncle Toby’s is what I used)
1 3/4 cup of gluten free rice krispies/bubbles
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 cup of sultanas
1. Combine oats, cereal, coconut, flaxseed, almonds, chocolate chips and sultanas in a bowl and mix together.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix honey, brown sugar, butter and salt. Stir until it comes to a light boil.
3. Remove from heat, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until incorporated.
4. Pour the warm mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined.
5. Cut grease proof paper to fit a 9×13 pan. This will make it easier to remove the granola bar mixture when ready to serve and cut.
Makes a number of serves depending on how big you want your bars to be!
Cooking time 15 mins
Tags: granola bar recipe