One of the most talked about food trends at the minute is the bliss ball. A delectable cheat treat for the fitness junkies and chocolate lovers. A food trend that seems to haunt myself and friends from The Urban List come “Anytime” O’clock in the office, I bring to you my spin on the bliss ball recipe.
You might also notice that I have the luxury of using a Thermomix. Although this machine is marvellous, any mix master should have a similar outcome.
This recipe is inspired by Food Matters, however have tweaked the recipe just slightly!
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
8-9 pitted dates (I bought my dates from the supermarket. None of this waiting 4 hrs, I simply cannot wait that long. Try it, but packet dates work just fine!)
1 cup of raw cashews
1 tablespoon of whey protein isolate chocolate
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 cup of desiccated coconut for coating
1. Blend cashews on its own in blender until roughly chopped. Nb Not like powder!
2. Place dates in blender separately and blend until roughly chopped.
3. Add the rest of the dry and wet ingredients in the blender and blend until mixture has come together. Nb Do not mix in desiccated coconut!
4. Once mixture has come together, use a small spoon to create your bliss balls – between a 10 and 20 cent piece.
5. Coat bliss balls in desiccated coconut once ball is formed.
Once you have made all your bliss balls pop them straight into the freezer.
Makes 10 bliss balls
Cooking time 30 mins