“musings of a fashionista, foodie and blogger”
Some of my fave camo lovin’ go-to picks for this winter season:
1. ASOS darlings – with drawstrings and a light complexion this camo jacket is a great addition to day or evening wear. Teamed with a white coloured shirt as pictured with flat ankle boots for day or a sick pair of pumps for evening.
2. UO* yo – for the ladies who are a bit more conservative, this is your go-to look for the camo inspired jacket. Subtle yet still so trendy as well as edgy.
3. UO – this is more of your classic, traditional camo pick. Again, very versatile – paired with denim shorts or a mid-length skirt as pictured, you honestly could wear this jacket with almost any look for a bit of an edge.
4. Nastygal – for the gals wanting to go commando. Commando in the sense of sticking to the true camo lovin’ style – with extra buttons, studs, patches and dog tags.
Get in quick though as some of these picks are hot ticket and selling like hot cakes!
UO* = Urban Outfitters you goose!Read More
So excited to have received a lovely little gift from a few people that I hold dear to my heart. very own pair of jelly beans from princess polly!
A few of my favourite looks at the moment are from the New Zealand label, Twenty Seven Names. Teamed with a lovely sweater an a-line skirt or a stunning dress coat with cute lil bobby socks, you too can have the coveted jelly bean trend.Read More
What is trending right now?
1. See through clutches – an all time favourite is from MNO.logie.
2. Leopard print – there are a number of prints on Reebonz that should tickle your fancy!
3. Bucket bag – the amazing printed bucket by Jerome Dreyfuss from net-a-porter will do the trick!
4. Backpacks – nastygal has both leather and fabric as well as see through backpacks, for whichever your style may be – but get in quick, some of those styles are on sale!Read More
Style sessions: Harvard vintage jumper, longchamp backpack, fuji instant camera, tsubi vintage boyfriend jeans, rayban wayfarer specs, OPI Jade is the new Black polish, ellieJean bangle and CK watch.
Schools out for summer ya’ll. Rock this look mornin’, noon or night. This is usually my uni kicks but could be worn on any occasion – out’n'about, for a sneaky drink or chillin’ on a Sunday arvo. Hair: pull back in a low bun and off you go! Shoes: I choose my Isabel Marant Bobbies, but any sneaker will do.Read More
The Met Ball 2013. One of the hot topics on fashionistas mouths at the moment – who was the worst dressed, who was the best dressed, who’s outfit out did anothers? There were definitely some interesting looks, but I am more of a minimalist. Less is more kinda gal, so those over the top head pieces and onesy morphsuits (I think you know the ones!) just didn’t do it for me.
The punk theme was not to wear everything that is quirky in your whole entire wardrobe, but a theme that was to exude effortless, individual style – perhaps teaming just one item that is different or considered rock chick amongst a uniquely styled outfit.
The outfits, for me, I feel that portrayed the ‘punk’ theme without over doing it were worn by Cara Delevingne, Cameron Diaz, Kate Bosworth and Nicole Ritchie to name a few.
Studs, punk chick hair and animal prints.
Midriff full length gowns, see through and cut-outs.
Gisele, Karolina and Anja are the epitome of rock chick resembling a David Bowie, groupie kinda vibe. Extremely hot!
Kate, Cameron and Jaime would have to be my favourites, these are the looks I am talking about – effortless minimalism with a hint of punk. My all time favourite would have to be Kate Bosworth – wearing an embellished, Balmain, pink modcon.
Which ones were your favourites?
Image credit: Vogue.co.ukRead More
Some of my favourite heels at the minute – the single strap heel:
1. Of course, Isabel Marant – head to La Garçonne!
2. Tony Bianco – a pair of tan heels need to be in any girls wardrobe. Head to Toni Bianco!
3. Senso – of course, trusty asos can help you covet this trend.
4. Tony Bianco – having a pair of black heels is a must!Read More
Nothing like a bit of instagram lovin’. With emerald being pantone 2013 colour of the year, I thought I would bring to you a bit of jade-spiration.
Link lovin’ | follow me on instagram @caterinafrancesca